Every year thousands of visitors come to Canada for tourism, vacation, or visiting families. Some stay for a longer period of time to reunite with their families.
Canadian government launched a program in 2011 called “super visa” to help Canadian citizens and permanent residents spend more time with their loved ones. Those hoping to reunite with families apply for a super visa, when sponsorship of parents or grandparents is not an option.
What is a Super Visa?
Super visa is a special type of visitor visa valid up to 10 years and granted to qualified parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. It allows a parent and grandparent to stay in Canada up to two years with an extension option. It is better than a regular visitor visa, which lets visitors stay in Canada for only six months with possible extension.
What is super visa insurance?
Super visa insurance is emergency medical coverage for parents and grandparents visiting Canada on super visa. Visitors must have a valid emergency medical insurance that provides them coverage if they require any medical assistance in Canada.
A valid super visa insurance plan must cover:
- Emergency Medical
- Cremation and Repatriation
Other benefits include:
- Accidents and illnesses
- Emergency medical treatment
- Hospital care charges
- Emergency dental treatment
- Diagnostic services such as X-rays and MRI scans
- Prescription medication
- Emergency return home
- 24*7 Travel Medical Assistance
Eligibility To Apply For Super Visa
One of the main requirements for a super visa is that you must be a parent or grandparent of a citizen or permanent resident of Canada. There are various other requirements which you have to fulfill when applying for a super visa. Some of these include:
- Passport or travel documents
- Relationship proof
- Invitation and sponsorship letter from your children/grandchildren
- Child or grandchild’s financial proof of meeting minimum necessary income
- The insurance policy validity should be of at least one year from the date of entry with a minimum of $100,000 medical coverage
- Required proof that you have paid for the insurance.
Details Required to Apply For Super Visa Insurance:
- Number of travellers
- Date of birth
- Approximate travel dates
- Pre-existing medical conditions, if any
How Much does Super Visa Insurance Cost?
Various insurance companies offer several plans with slight price differences. The premium depends on the age, pre-existing medical condition, and plan benefits.
Book a free call to get all the details about super visa insurance.
— Aman Ahuja
Sr. Financial Security Advisor
Life | Critical | Super visa